CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 15, 2011

CHE #1!

It feels like forever since I've blogged- I have enjoyed seeing my mom and son on a weekend trip, spent another weekend celebrating Adam's birthday, and then got the sinus crud. BUT, I'm finally feeling better and ready to blog. I certainly have a lot to blog about! First, I am super excited to say that our school has been ranked number 1 based on our test scores for the whole state! That is an incredible honor and success. To say that I am proud would be an understatement. The kids worked so hard- after school tutoring, lots of remediation times during the week in classrooms, and most importantly, persistent work within the classroom on a daily basis. The teachers and staff worked endlessly to try to find new ways to present material. Mrs. Hillier and Mrs. Roberts supported us in every endeavor. The parents helped with homework, read with their kids, asked questions and sought answers from teachers and each other. They supported the teachers with what we needed to be successful with our classes. They were the vital behind the scene- and often VERY present- part of the puzzle that contributed to our school's success. TEAMWORK- We all work together for a common goal of educating the kids. In Mrs. Hillier's words, "Isn't it wonderful when a plan comes together?" Yes, indeed it is!

Thursday afternoon our school celebrated by making the following picture. It took less than 20 minutes to get everyone situated. That in itself is incredible! It includes all of the students, teachers, and staff members, in addition to the 5th graders (last year's 4th graders). Our class is the left part of the H on the inside. They go straight back. The teachers are in white.


We then had ice cream sandwiches and an extra recess. The kids were in Hog-heaven! Next week we will make a little snippet for a video to celebrate. You know me- I'm scheming.... Ours is going to be cool. I haven't got 'THE' idea yet, but it's swishing around in my brain. It will come to me while I sleep this weekend!

The class has their newsletter in their HOGS folders, but I will include it here, too. I don't know why I haven't done this before!


NL Week 9 Snakes

We are now on a different planner- How the World Works- and we are learning about life cycles and animal characteristics. The students have learned about the various classifications of animals and made posters. I will upload those later- I forgot my camera at school. :(

I am posting a set of animal classification sorting cards that we will be using next week. Parents, you are welcome to print them to use at home. I know the kids would love to have their own sets! Yes, I'm thinking of several students who I know go home and play school with little brothers and teachers! You know who you are! ;)

Animal Classification Sort

Body Coverings Sort

Animal Movement

Animal Habitats Sort


Have a great weekend and enjoy this lovely weather!


0 comments:

Post a Comment