CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 1, 2011

More working in my room

I spent today working in my room. So glad to have my jungle/bucket filler bulletin board up. I will put little monkey numbers on each bucket tomorrow to finish it off. I am please overall with how it turned out!


I also put stuff up on the closet doors. The empty border will hold our school newsletter and our class newsletter. Under the "There was homework?" sign I will write the homework for the day. I was tickled that Adam, my son, found the stuffed monkey in the closet when he cleaned out the closet in his bedroom. Love those leftovers from childhood! The bag on the right is a Dollar Tree find- A bottle bag. It is just the perfect size for my call-backs and attention-getters that I put on paint sticks that Sherwin Williams generously gave me! Best of all, the bag has elephants, zebras, and safari stuff on it! Perfect!! Oh the little things that make me happy! :)

Last, I put up my FACE for Cafe/Daily 5. I am toying with face or cafe. I think I am going to change it back to cafe because I like the idea of it being a menu of strategies to choose from while reading. It's simple, but I love the jungle/safari borders.

I also got some other organizational stuff finished. And I visited with co-workers. I love doing that! It was fun sharing ideas that they had found on Pinterest. I signed-up for it tonight after talking to them and can't wait to start pinning! It was neat to hear that what they thought were neat ideas for implementing in their classrooms- It was what I had already saved and planned on doing!

Going in EARLY tomorrow to finish up. Adam is going to help staple, sticky tack, and hammer tomorrow, so I should be VERY close to finishing up. Then on to making copies for the first days of school and meet the teacher night! So excited about school starting!!

Alisha

0 comments:

Post a Comment